Sunday, February 21, 2010

RIP Fufot Phone :(


After years of wonderful service, it finally crapped out on me.

Just when I FINALLY replaced its casing after being stitched together by tape for a whole year :|

I've been lucky & spoiled in the last few years. I was working with a group that advocated the use of good powerful communications tools - anything necessary to get work done faster and more efficiently. In the recent years, I've used a Nokia E71 and a Nokia 9300. The Nokia N95 has been the sturdiest and I think, has lasted me the longest!

While I probably didn't make good use of ALL of it's features, I loved it nonetheless. I love the calendar feature and how it syncs (albeit with a plug in, lol) with my iCal. I love it's big memory, its search feature, and its size and shape. But what I love the most about it is it's 5megapixel, Carl Zeiss camera.

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu. No more stalking people and sneaking serendipitous shots with my fufot phone :( And as I don't own my own camera.. WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!

I probably will not own an N95 again in the near future, only because affording a Nokia N or E series is not a priority at the moment. And yes, I'm being a brat, but I'd like to stick to at least a phone from that series please!

Thankfully, I've got a wonderful mum who just got a new phone which she generously gave to me. Personally not a phone I'd choose for myself (due to its plastic coffin/brick look), but I won't complain as this is for keeps na. It'd be kind of mean of me to get a new phone sometime in the future and give mum back her "new" phone diba? With my heavy usage, goodness knows how beat up that phone will be in a few months!

Thankfully, while I have to get used to a few design changes, the basic features are almost the same as my old phone. Will need to test out the camera feature to in the morning.

In the mean time, can Nokia please come up with a QWRTY phone that has an equally strong camera?

I now also need to fast track the purchase of my own camera. The future has now become the near future. Lol.

Now, may I have a moment of silence as I pay my last respects to my fufot phone? :( Rest in piece(s) my dear companion.

2 comments:

  1. good thing my nokia is still up and about despite being dunked by l.l. in a glass of soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you look like a smart one, not one of those people who frantically turn phones on to see if they're still working after being dunked in liquid.

    ReplyDelete