Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Melding


The work I do now requires a higher level of thinking than I'm accustomed to. As I'm used to work that is primarily action oriented, you can imagine the strain I've been giving my brain. Forging on none the less, because whatever doesn't kill me (in this case, my brain cells), will make me stronger right? And that I'm learning skills that I'm sure will be of great use in THE career I'm hoping for, that will realize itself soon (right universe? I know you're conspiring to give me what I want as I write this!)

Anyway, I was working on something the other day and found myself reviewing a document that spoke about a process I was all to familiar with. I had archived it with information like SOCATOA and all that other info you learn because your present situation calls for it and not because you actually need it. Who knew I'd dig up THAT old baul again?!

Growing up and into your career, you find yourself learning more skills and retaining information you think you need for your job, while "useless" information learned along the way is pushed further and further into what seems like mental oblivion. I guess that's why I found myself pleasantly amused when two unlikely worlds serendipitously merged just for that moment.

2 comments:

  1. and a serendipitous tin-a-ling merging is it! ahahahhaha

    p.s. you might mean SOHCAHTOA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. mali pa ang tinago ko sa baul?! nyerf. hahahah.

    ReplyDelete