Sunday, April 22, 2012

Celebrate!

I turn 30 (THIRTY!) next Saturday and about a week after that, I mark my 1-year anniversary in Singapore!

I thought it apt to honor the milestones by celebrating with the people who were integral in my move and assimilation into my new life. Without these amazing people, my experience here would not be as solid as it is now - so for that, I am grateful.

This morning, we all met at the home of a lovely couple who host a supper club called Brunch&Co - read more about them here.

A few friends went to an event here a few months back and raved and raved about the food and the experience that I thought, why the hell not, let's do it for my bday!

I was new to the concept so was curious to see how it would pan out - the people who run supper clubs open up their homes to strangers (through reservations) and cook for their guests. It's an opportunity to not only eat great food, but to mingle and meet new people. This particular supper club, was well.. all about brunches.

I was quite lucky to have snagged 7 seats well in advance. Even luckier that all of the people I wanted there were all in the country at the same time to attend!

All in all, I had a wonderful wonderful time. Mark & Louise's home was the perfect place for Sunday morning brunch - cozy, with lots of great natural light streaming in. This month's brunch theme was travel  - an amazing coincidence as all the folks I invited love to travel as much as I do! As with the theme, the details and the menu followed suite. The food was delicious as was the company.

Great way to kick off my 2nd year in Singapore as well as my 30th year!



Choice of cold spicy ice team and lemon grass cordial meet you at the door - perfect for a humid day!

Boarding pass for our ticket to foodie heaven!

Brunch & Co's napkins, with their name stitched in lovely script

Laminate placemats were images of different destinations; note the detailing of the boarding pass as well!

Mark & Louise of Brunch & Co greet their guests and explain how the afternoon would proceed

A & P/M/T (lol)

N & C

K

First Stop -  Europe: 
Caramelized Pear, Panettone French Toast served
with Homemade Ricotta drizzled with honey 
Louise describes starters
Second Stop - North Africa: Shakshuka, eggs poached in a spicy tomato & red
pepper sauce, served with zesty sausage, herb
salad & toasted pide 

Beautiful hydrangeas set on the tables; in the background,  extra bread for dipping

J

Before dessert, we were asked to swop seats; N chatting with a new friend

Palette cleanser - a beautiful tangy sorbet

Tea

J with some of the guests 
French-pressed coffee 
Final Stop - Middle East: Pomegranate & Turkish delight Fool served with
Persian Fairy Floss + little meringue drops for mixing in

My bday "cake" 

Happy 30th to moi!  
The pistachio fairy floss looks like troll hair but I promise, it's delicious!
Cold strawberries  were also served

Mingling mingling mingling

Empty glasses & plates, full tummies!

More mingling on the other side of the room

J & N chatting with Louise 
Beautiful hydrangea in a pesto bottle <3 
Parting shot with my SG survival team

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I thought it'd be next week before you left! How utterly precious! I love, Love, LOVE!

    Travel + brunch? Totally made for you! I'm happy you got to celebrate in the truest of fashion! :)

    Fairy floss? Haha cute! Hydrangeas so pretty :) I love the heart mug!

    Happy 1 year SG anniv! Time flies by so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Pia! I've always wanted to put up a similar restaurant. But nothing as fancy as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cathy! do it do it! it's the best way to run a resto.. without having to run a resto :)

      Delete