Friday, April 6, 2012

Travel Munimuni

I was supposed to be on my way to Beijing yesterday evening. But Jetstar closed the flight so instead of flying out earlier, I opted to fly out tonight. Was livid at the time they moved my flight, but now, very glad it happened.

It's been really lovely to have a day to myself. It would've been awesome to wake up to stormy weather, but got my wish a few hours later anyway when it started to rain. In my effort to set routines and get enough sleep, I slept at midnight and got up at 8 am. Without the conscious effort, I would've been asleep by 3 am and up at noon! But yup, puttered around in the morning- cleaned, packed, did some work for the office, had breakfast, read, even napped! When I was done with my puttering, I was happy to realize that there was still so much of the day left! *squee*

I generally like flying out at end of a workday (ie: go straight from work to the airport), and used to do the same coming back in (ie: go straight from the airport to work). Traveling has always been such a sought after luxury for me that I like to maximise my time out. Explains why I generally like a full itinerary when I travel - especially on trips where you're visiting somewhere for the first time and you only have a few days to explore.

Not to say I don't like traveling less.. manically. I love it in fact - you feel well rested and you don't come back needing a vacation from your vacation. Alas, still so many places to see, and not enough time (ie: leaves!) in the year to do so!  In the meantime, will maybe try to bookend my trips with a little quiet time before jumping back into the daily grind.

1 comment:

  1. That's what happens when you start the day early!

    Straight from the airport, nevaah a good idea I tell you :P

    ReplyDelete