Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bangkal Tripping

I have been itching to explore someplace new for a while now. The most economical alternative for me was somewhere in the city. An even cheaper option was some place I didn't need to spend any money. Bangkal came to mind, an area in Makati known for it's collection of thrift stores full of flea market finds. I wasn't interested in buying, as so much as so much as exploring and indulging in a favorite hobby, taking pictures.

Thankfully after proposing the idea, my friends and I were quick to set a date or else God knows till when this would have been pushed back till.

Being 1 of 3 naturally lost folk, I'm glad we found our way! We LRT1-ed to LIBERTAD then caugh a jeep headed towards EVANGELISTA. Evangelista is a long street so get down along Apolinario or Hizon.

We opted to start with some food in our tummies so we made our way to Lacuña cor Rodgriguez for comfort home cooked food at the colorfully kitschy Fat Michael's.

The rest of the day was spent meandering from store to store finding some truly lovely finds.

And some a little creepy :|

Nonetheless, despite a gray day spent with wet feet, it was a lot of fun! Will look for a sunny day sometime in the future to make another trip back out.

6 comments:

  1. And scratching that itch, we did! I had a most lovely time! On to the next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @work-in-progress: thanks :) lots of interesting stuff to clutter the house with!

    @bonbon: agree. we should make it a once a month tradition :) avilon zoo / la mesa / quiapo, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last time i went to evangelista, i was thoroughly tempted to cart off all this old glassware and china to singapore. not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go there but never really got the chance to. Take me there when I visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rina: will do!

    @Deepa: balik tayo with Rina :)

    ReplyDelete