Monday, October 12, 2009

Bedtime


There was a time in my life that I was so caught up in work that I'd come home and just fall asleep. Sometimes with the TV on, usually without getting the chance to wash up. I'd wake up a zombie the next day and drag myself to work. Felt kinda like groundhog day as this would just repeat itself over and over and over again...

You need to get that I love unwinding before bedtime, so for me to have completely let all of that go over my head for an extended period of time.. you knew there was something amiss. Lol. Let's just say I'm glad that time of life is over and done with :)

Turn on your AC + a yellow bed side light.
Place HOT tea next to your bed (so by the time you get into bed its at the right temp).
Take a long hot shower & do all your night time clean up rituals.
Climb into fresh clean jammies.
Jump under cover of newly made bed with clean crisp sheets.
Clean my phone of the day's messages + review what needs to be done the next day.
Write in journal &/or record past week in planner (with a list of the day's blessings of course!)
Read a few pages out of a book.
Turn off the light.
Snuggle down into pillows.
Say prayer.
Drift off to sleep......

Now there are a few variations here and there but this is pretty much the routine! Best way to end the day. Promise :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the moments of down time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds blissful! grabe ang tiyaga mo with the journaling. i still remember your fat notebook/planner in college.

    my ideal winding down routine includes a good book, a thick comforter and a piece of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @EW: I do i do!

    @Deeps: yup, i 've been doing it for years! some years more successfully than others. your routine sounds divine. i couldn't do a PIECE of chocolate though.. too much temptation. lol.

    ReplyDelete