Friday, March 12, 2010

Efficiently Renewed


My drivers license has been expired for over a year now. Almost a month short of two years actually. Well, you know how it goes, the longer you put it off, the harder it is to push yourself to get it done.

Thanks to the LTO E-Patrol, I got mine renewed in a jiffy! The E-Patrol is LTO's attempt at making the lives of busy peeps, a little bit easier. It is a fully furnished and automated bus that travels to different areas, offering car registration and drivers license renewal services.

Surprisingly, I had no problems with it. I say that because I live in a country where for the most part, anything that has to do with the government DOESN'T work. The e-patrol was servicing my village that day - and in the span of 30 min, I filled out the form, did the "medical", had my mug shot, ehm i mean photo taken and received my new license. Winner!

As a side comment - I must say, what a pimped out bus! It would've been nice though if they A/C'ed the ENTIRE bus and not just the enclosed section for the people processing the papers. Poo.

Glad I got it done before my license hit two years. Apparently after that, renewing the license becomes a bit of a hassle, ie: you gotta retake the tests, etc.

Perhaps the next step for me would be to actually use the license for its primary purpose noh?

In other news, I'd like to give myself a big pat on the back for FINALLY getting one blog continously going. This is my 100th entry to date. Yay me :)

2 comments: