Monday, March 29, 2010

Midnight Snack




Pictured above is a yummy grilled mashed banana & peanut butter sandwich my sister grilled (in butter! eep!) for me recently as a midnight snack. Yum :)


(kippy hungry for a midnight snack too.. then again.. kippy's always hungry for a snack)

I know you aren't supposed to eat 3 hours before going to sleep, but midnight snacks are such a staple! Whether it be with family, friends, or even by yourself, who doesn't like scrounging around the ref for some ingredients to rustle up into something comforting to the tummy and soul?

First memory I have of a midnight snack was during the summers we'd spend in the Philippines with my grandparents. My lola and I would have toasted bread with butter and liver spread with some Milo & Nido to smack on as a "beverage".

There are too many favorite comfort midnight snack foods to even begin to list here.. top of mind though? Hmmm....
  • Grilled cheese sandwich (variations include small grilled cheese & garlic sandwich, grilled ham & cheese sandwich)
  • Indomie's Supermie (Indonesian instant noodles. The freaking BOMB. Grew up eating this as an after school snack along with a cheese omelet)
  • Hot chocolate (Nestle's Quik, Milo, Swiss Miss, Tablea.. or our own concoction of milk, sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder)
  • Glass of milk and whatever cold cake fortunate enough to have lasted its first day in our household
Fellow foodies, what's yours?

4 comments:

  1. whatever munchies lying around, i go for it at 4am :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude.. that's breakfast already. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like having chocolate in bed while I read. Or if I'm really feeling fancy, I make hot chocolate or popcorn.

    It's rare when I crave for anything more complicated than that, but when I do it's melted gouda cheese and bread, or mashed-up feta cheese and bread. Which I also like for breakfast.

    I also like raw Lucky Me noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how chocolate can be a snack. I'd inhale it. Lol.

    oooh! try quickly toasting in a pan the raw lucky me noodles.

    ReplyDelete