Monday, March 8, 2010

Waiting


This year, I find myself waiting, waiting a lot as a matter of act. Waiting for my next trip, waiting for my next influx of cash, waiting for results, waiting for the pounds to drop, waiting for a project to finish, waiting, waiting waiting. Some of this waiting comes with a lot of action from my end- things I need to do to get my goal and thus, enabling me to move forward. But the most irritating type of waiting is well, the waiting where you simply.. wait.

Strangely, I don't remember having waited so much in the past years. Then again, it's probably because I didn't put myself "out there" as much as I have this year.

I was told recently by an empathic friend that I need not be in such a hurry. I suppose I feel like I'm making up for time (make that 2 years) lost during my years of drudgery, lol. At least it felt like drudgery towards the end. Though every time I think this, my head tells me I'm silly, that I learned a lot as well from those seemingly lost years, blah blah blah.

There seems to be a fine line between impatiently (anxiously? restlessly?) waiting and looking forward to something. I guess I'm writing this to remind myself to step back and enjoy the journey, and proactively learn from the present things I have committed and chosen to do. No day but today right?

Looks like I may need to re-look at my daily gratitude journal by opening up my awareness to a new level of gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. I stopped to think if I had ever said something like that to you (i.e. if I was the empathetic friend) and I realized nah, I couldn't be -- I'm impatient too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, the "empathetic" friend is a tarot card reader of my mom's who visits us so often na naging friend din namin siya. he's really an emapth. Hehe. i just didn't know how to put succinctly. lol. "my manghuhula friend" sounds kinda weird.

    waiting waiting waiting...

    ReplyDelete